What are some examples of bullying?

Bully telling secrets in front of victim to make it look like they are talking about them? Bully laughing and looking at victim after telling secrets? Bully intentionally putting other students of the class against the victim by spreading lies or rumors about them? Bully intentionally not picking victim on their team in PE? Bully making fun of every little thing victim does? Example: "hahaha your handwriting is terrible. Look" while showing other students.

In this case my son is the victim and I want to know what you think some example of bullying are. He is depressed and has a hard time focusing in school because of this one student! I am a mess as my child is having a terrible time at school!

What would you do and how would you handle this?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 3:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• ANYTHING that hurts a child physically or emotionally is bullying. What you have described IS bullying. If the principal won't do anything go to the superindendent and if they won't do anything, the school board, etc. I had the same issue of the principal and teacher not doing anything. The teacher because if she "didn't see the bullying, it wasn't happening" and she "would do nothing about it." The principal wouldn't do anything because the teacher wouldn't back my son up. I threatened with an attorney and things were taken care of quickly.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Yes I would say thats emotional bullying being singled out, made fun of, not included, making your son feel embarrassed, lonely, I feel for you & your child - YES these are signs and I would talk to the teacher, the principal & call this persons parents. It is starting to really affect your child, it needs to STOP. GL to you & I hope there are better brighter days for your child.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I agree with you. My ds is 12 and he tells me everyone picks on him. At his school its all about race he told me. Hes white but most of the kids he goes to school with are Mexican. I told him that it shouldn't matter what race he is. When and if they take the time to get to know you they will see all the great things that I see in him. Bully's will never go away. Getting passed these bully is what we need to try and teach our boys. I feel for you because last night that is what we were talking to our ds. I hope things get better for your son, If our kids can't go to school and like it then how are we going to make them stay and graduate.  We can't make the bullys go away for what ever reason they feel they need to pick on kids but we can talk to our kids.

Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I need more examples of what the bullying entails. U can message me if u want.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If the principal is not cooperating, go to superintendent of schools and schedule an appointment. Give dates and examples. GL!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well my husband knows certain things bother my anxiety and he does it anyway just because he can
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• well go to the principle or teacher or bullies parents and then if none of it works switch his classes or r u capable to move to diff district by school of choice or even moving to new house
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2011