Do you have a way to make lowfat alfredo sauce?

DS and hubby love broc, chicken, and fettucine alfredo, but although I love it too, and being a Paula Deen kind of cook,, lol,, I want to make it lower in calories and fat. I subbed the noodles for whole grain, but have yet to find a way to make the sauce tasty,,,need to for myself,, LOL,, DS and hubby can eat anything and stay skinny,,,but tried on my swimsuit this year,, and cried harder than last,, LOL!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 3:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Since my son has a tomato allergy and that eliminates all marinara sauces for us, I've tried for many years to find a healthy white sauce. Homemade, jarred or canned in my opinion it's just not the same...... it needs butter and heavy cream!!! LOL. I save it for a once in awhile splurge and do pesto sauce 99% of the time.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• start with a dollop of margarine and some garlic then add a cup of 1% milk and bring it to a smimmer, melt 1 block of low fat cream cheese into it. Add about 1/4- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and pepper. Serve with Whole wheat noodles. This makes a enough sauce for a whole box so there will be left overs or cut in half!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Sauces usually don't equal low fat.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011