Friendship: What is your motivation?

I'd like to know why you choose certain people to become friends with. Think about things that you consciously take into consideration. Do you become friends with others because of their looks, personality, shared interests, etc? Who do you try not to be friends with? If someone is pursuing a friendship with you, have you ever reciprocated and you two became friends, or did you decide that person wasn't worthy of your friendship for whatever reason, and you pulled away? Simply put, I just want to know why you choose to interact with certain people, but not others, although the others may very well be good people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• An instant connection, listening to your intuition...

Answer by older at 3:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Same morals, same interests. I don't have many friends because I can be very choosy in who I trust. Basically if you show me that you lack in morals/ethics, I don't trust you and therefore don't really pursue any kind of friendship beyond friendly acquaintance.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• my high school friends, we had mutual hatred for certain teacher and people and we liked making fun of people. being misfits from band class also sealed the bond. after high school we all went our separate ways. friends now, people say they like to be around me because i'm funny and I have personality. I like my friends for the same reasons. I tend to gravitate towards more chill, mellow, funny people. leave the drama for some other mama.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 3:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i only have one friend and she was my partner in crime in high school. we've calmed down since we had kids & don't hang out much, but we still see each other occassionally for play dates.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well if I just generally get along with them, have a good vibe.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i agree its all the vibe, sometimes similarities...makes it easier for you to relate...but the older i get the harder it is.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 4:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011