Friendship: What is your motivation?

I'd like to know why you choose certain people to become friends with. Think about things that you consciously take into consideration. Do you become friends with others because of their looks, personality, shared interests, etc? Who do you try not to be friends with? If someone is pursuing a friendship with you, have you ever reciprocated and you two became friends, or did you decide that person wasn't worthy of your friendship for whatever reason, and you pulled away? Simply put, I just want to know why you choose to interact with certain people, but not others, although the others may very well be good people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I will be friends with anyone until they give me a reason to no longer be their friend.
    I don't like people who complain about things constantly, ask me for everything from constant rides to using my internet every time I see them, ask me to pay for them almost every time we go out... I don't like people who have no respect for my house and after coming over leaving it looking way worse than it was.

I ultimately look for friends that prove themselves to be an equal and don't think that they are better than everyone else.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm kind of anti-social so I don't really pursue friendships unless it's obvious we have tons of things in common, can relate to each other and can have conversations without that awkward silence...when someone pursues a friendship with me I definatly reciprocate unless there is just something about them that gives me a bad vibe.....although I'm not great at returning phone calls and things that like build up a friendship so unfortantly alot of times those things fall on the other person to do...it's not maliciousness on my part it's just....I don't really know WHY I'm like that to be honest with you lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well . . . I usually look for people with common interests . .

I won't pursue a friendship with someone who is prejudiced, not nice, abusive, drug or alcohol addicted, or who swears too much in front of the children. I also only usually socialize with my family, so if they are anti-family or anti-kid, or if they always want to do something alone on the weekend, we are not well suited for each other.

Other than that, I don't care how someone looks or what they drive . . . it is the person inside that counts!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm friendly to everyone. I don't care what they look like, how much money they have, what religion they are...I just care that they're a good person who has a sense of humor and can get goofy without feeling weird about it lol.
    I don't really associate with people who drink excessively, or do things in front of my kids I ask them not to (smoke, swear, etc)
    ef0311

Answer by ef0311 at 4:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011