Need some easy, but different meal ideas....

Help ladies! I'm going grocery shopping today and I need to plan a menu for the week. I'm sick of the same old stuff. I always rotate the same old meals (Spagetti, Meatloaf, Lasagna, Pasta Salad, Stir Fry, Chicken casseroles). We don't eat much red meat. I'd like to make things that are healthy. Any ideas for something different?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 3:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• salads, quesadillas, soups
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• This is an EASY and TASTY meal - 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 16 oz of sour cream, 1/2 a package of Ritz crackers, and half a stick of melted butter. Put chicken in a baking dish, mix chicken soup and sour cream and pour it over the chicken. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is done. Mix the melted butter and crushed crackers, put on top of the chicken, and bake another 5 to 10 minutes. I do baked potatoes or stuffing on the side and my family devours the entire meal.

I also really like this one..http://www.quick-and-easy-dinner.com/chicken-noodle-casserole.html

MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Harvarti stuff chicken and tomato salad- yummy
    Ingredients
    4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4 ounces dill Havarti, cut into small pieces
    Kosher salt and black pepper
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 pound heirloom tomatoes, sliced
    4 pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced
    Preparation
    Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Dividing evenly, stuff the pockets with the Havarti. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.

Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side.

Serve the chicken with the tomatoes and pepperoncini. Drizzle vegetables with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• There is a great cook book called Natural Harvest that is full of good recipes!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I love this dish, I serve it n rice:

Makes: 4 servings

Time: About 1 hour

1 cup dried brown lentils, washed and picked over
    3 1/2 cups water, coconut milk, or stock, plus more if needed (I use water most of the time)
    1 tablespoon curry powder
    2 medium starchy potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Yogurt and chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish

1. Combine the lentils, liquid, and curry powder in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium-low so that the mixture bubbles gently, cover partially, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils start to absorb the water a bit, about 15 minutes.

2. Add the potatoes and cover the pan completely. Cook undisturbed for 10 minutes or so, then stir gently and check to make sure the lentils aren't too dry. (At this point, you can add 2 tablespoons butter for a
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Maybe some BBQ chicken with parmasean pasta. You can grill or bake the chicken :o) I don't know how much seafood ya'll eat, but when I need quick and easy I throw on some gumbo or jambalya and do up some garlic drop biscuits. :o)
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Great recipes. I may try them. Glad you asked the question!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I pick up all sorts of cookbooks at the thrift shops to peruse when I have a quiet moment. If the cookbook is a waste of time, I just recycle it back.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011