Baby formula

My baby has a real lot of gas i have 4 kids and he seems to have more than normal he doesn't spit up but he seems cranky alot should i try a different formula or is it just that i haven't had a baby in a while and the crankyness is normal?

wells2811

Asked by wells2811 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try gripe water & the bicycle movement & in & out movement towards chest with the legs to release gas....if you are switching formula try Nestle Goodstart with Omega thats what I used along with breastfeeding my first and it was recommended by my Dr.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Try rubbing his belly. And lifting his legs toward his tummy helps sometimes too. But if its all the time and to the point that he's always cranky yeah trying a different formula might be worth it. It took me months to find the right formula for DD when she was a baby.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Do they still make infant gas relief drops? I had to get those for my ds. and they worked pretty well from what I can remember. Haven't had to use them w/ my dd yet, thank goodness!! Also, how old is your baby? It could be colic. Both my boys had it horribly for mo. after they were born, and I had to run the vacum, etc. non stop. But my floors were the cleanest they had ever been during that time!! lol.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 4:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If he's your fourth then your gut reaction that he is more gassy and cranky than normal is probably correct, afterall this isn't your first rodeo. Of course all children are different but it couldn't hurt to try a new formula and see if that has an impact.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would try a different one. The crankiness may be an upset stomach
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• my baby's 2 months and where do i find gripe water?
    wells2811

Comment by wells2811 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• at the Pharmacy there are also special drops for gas issues, go to the baby section, ask a pharmacist if ya need too most all places sell it
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Is he constipated? This will make him cranky. Try a low iron formula, and gripe water helped my son.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• maybe he's collic
    but i'd try burping more frequently first.. between ever 1-2 ounces burp. you may hve to try different positions to burp baby. my first was a shouldr burper, my second has to be sitting on my knee to burp or layin on my lap, belly down.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2011