How is this possible?!?!?!

I KNOW they say only weigh once a week or day whatever but I weigh twice aday. Once in the morning - once at night. How is it that I can weigh 197 when I get up & 202 at night! WTF! I know water weight but really 5lbs different, I mean really. Come on now! I have been goin to the gym now about a month and I've went from weighing 202 in the morning & 207 at night to well 197 in the morning & 202 at night. It just bugs me. Help me out ya'll. I know WATER WATER WATER but really what else can I do??

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Did you weigh yourself right after you ate?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• muscle weighs more....plus you've eaten a few times during the day since waking up.
    I think your stressing too much if your weighing your self twice a day....try once a day and you'll
    feel better.

Great job on working out.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No its before I have breakfast & its a few hours after I eat.

Thanks! ItsJustMe1017. I'm trying I'm so tired of being fat...I just wanna lose 45-50lbs
    rebel07

Comment by rebel07 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You have lost 5 lbs. in the last month. One reason not to weigh like you do is the frustration you are feeling. You have eaten 3 meals during the day and probably not eliminated it. Cut back on your portions. Drink a glass of water before your meals. Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper. More fruit and veggies, less potatoes, starches, meats. Pick a day and weigh that morning only, once a week, like you've heard. You will be less frustrated, less stressed, and possibly lose more weight. Another thing - tell yourself you are releasing the unwanted pounds. If you lose it, you might find it again. Releasing gets rid of it forever. Go to Thrift stores or used book stores and see if you can find cookbooks from Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. They have marvelous recipes and great tips. Good luck.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Sometimes it can also be your matabilisuim. Mine is very high so I have a lot of problems gaining weight, But your could be the opposite.

Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• thats normal you have had a day of eating, drinking, when ya go to the bathroom & weigh yourself 1st thing thats your weight. I would stop the twice a day just 1st thing in the morning.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Totally agree with sarasmommy777. My weight is always anywhere from 2-5 pounds heavier when I weigh in the afternoon or evening. I found it so discouraging that I have stopped doing it all together. Weigh yourself in the morning and leave it alone so you don't distress yourself and end up losing your motivation.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, 5lb fluctuation is normal, especially if you have a diet high in sodium which can retain lots of water. Normally I go up about 3lbs from morning to night, but if I eat out (which isn't a regular habit) I can go up to 5lbs or so but then I drink a lot of water and flush it out and I'm good.
    I weigh daily (and even sometimes at night) but only really count my weight on Mondays. If you're getting stressed out about this, then only weigh yourself weekly. I weigh daily but it doesn't stress me out to fluctuate.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• u are probably building muscle too and yeah its the food youve eten throughout the day and all the water ur drinking a gallon of water weighs adds abt 10 lbs to ur weight.
    mom057

Answer by mom057 at 5:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Hun you can weigh yourself 10 times a day and get 10 different numbers, water, urine, food, there are lots of causes, stick to weighing yourself first thing in the morning and that's it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2011