What could it be?

I stopped breastfeeding a year ago. About 2 weeks after I stopped, my milk dried up, like its supposed to. A few minutes ago, I squeezed my nipples (because my shirt felt wet and I didn't know what it was from, maybe the baby drooled on me or something...) and little drops of liquid seeped out. I don't understand what this is because every once in a while during the past year, I have squeezed just to see if anything would happen and nothing ever did.

So, my question is... what could be causing this?

I already took a pregnancy test and it was negative. With my two pregnancies every test I took went positive so fast there was no doubt. So I don't believe that is it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Nah, it's not pregnancy. You should be able to squeeze something out for a while...maybe even years.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Its been over a year since I breast feed and I still have that come out. Its normal.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes . . . sometimes years . . . it takes a LOOONNNGGG time for those babies to get back to normal.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It could be your hormones, My kids are 2 and 3 and my boobs still leak from time to time. I asked my doc about it and he said it could be stress causing some leakage or hormones. hope this helps. its a weird feeling huh?
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had my daughter 4 yrs ago and my milk never completly dried up lol....I kind of just assumed it was normal and went on about my business....It might take a LONG time lol...no worries
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm so glad you asked this ? I have the samething and was wondering what was going on...lol
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 3:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011