Kids and puppies

my son screams each time the dogs come close to him. and they are prety small puppies. is it his age? or could it be something else

Asked by goobersmom713 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he might have been scratched, bit of jumped on and is now scared. my DD go jumped on and licked by a puppy she was scared to death of them after.

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• my kids were like that..with certain dogs..but my friend suggest lettin them see baby pups an touch them so they could see they are just like human it worked..tho they still get scared of larger dogs they love them still

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 5:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• he might not be used to them yet go with him by the dogs and let them sniff his hand and introduce them slowly to him; he might just have a fear of dogs I know my son didn't like our cats at first but now he wants to hold them all the time

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• my dd hated animals too because she pulled our cats tail and was scratched and our aunts dog barked at her once.

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2011