What are your reasons for down-voting?

I try to do it only for nasty answers. I guess others do it when they disagree with your answers, even when the poster answered nicely. I know some do it for sport, lol.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 4:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Like most of the other resonders, I'll do it if the person has said something biggoted, nasty, narrow-minded, or is flaunting their ignorance.  If the person is just looking for attention, or deliberately causing trouble and drama.  Stuff like that.  Go ahead and have a different point of view than me; just be civil about it.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 5:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you're an asshole, you answer something that has NOTHING to do with the question, you clearly didn't read the entire question or you are cat-fighting with another Mom and turning a question into drama troll city
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• offensive, insulting, or dangerous.

dangerous = your toddler has a 105 fever and hasn't pee'd in 18 hours? Pray for her and give her a gatorade. The ER is for real emergencies
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I usually use it when someone kicks someone else while they are down
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• When they are without a doubt wrong or mean and cruel in their response.

Other than that, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I don't vote down answers I don't agree with....I only vote down if the answer was rude or nasty for no reason....I just never see the point of being rude...even when I'm saying something I know people won't agree with I still try to say it as nicely as possible
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't get upset when people vote me down, but I DO want to know why . . . I wish that you had to insert a little blurb as to why there was voting down . . . I think it would really help us understand each other.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I actually dont use it? I think I can count on one hand how many times I have. I dont see the point.

Answer by gemgem at 4:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have never used it...
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• never done it!
    MargauxG

Answer by MargauxG at 5:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011