Just curious

Why are we able to see the people that vote us up but not the ones who vote us down?

I'm just curious

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• maybe a nice solution would be if you're voting down, it would require you to write a short blurb why. like that offends me, that's a dangerous idea, that's illegal, that's rude, etc etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well now..that would cause a lot of resentment and 'war' here on CM. i think we do just fine NOT knowing. *wink*
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Can you imagine that kind of drama...oh my not for the faint at heart!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I also like hibbingmom's idea!! Maybe not "require" a why, but make it available anon, for those who'd like to write why they voted it down. It doesn't bother me when I'm voted down, but curiosity does make me wonder about the reason. (And yes I know that curiosity killed the cat, but I just can't help it.... lol)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 4:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• To keep things civil and from grudges, hurt feelings, etc......

Although I'd often love to know why
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I personally don't want every vote down to know who I am simply because there wouldn't be a moments peace. YES they may know they are wrong but no one wants it shoved in their face and once it is and they have a name to take it out on.. no thanks!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I've seen where some people hit that by accident when "playing" CM while on their phones. They've been polite enough to respond w/ an "oops" and a vote up. I personally dont care either way. I know not everyone will agree w/ me. I dont vote down for disagreeing, I save them for those that are mean spirited! The good thing is I usually run out of vote ups before I do the vote downs! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• write a short blurb why.--

and identify yourself????? crazy!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i think people take it all to much to heart its not personal someone just diagrees what ever there reason may be i dont think we should be able to see who vote eather way to meny people get upset
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Oooohhhh @hibbingmom....That sounds like a fantastic idea!!!....Someone should bring that up to the people who run CM!
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011