On your kids birthday do you...

send a treat with them to school for there class mates?

last year i sent capri suns and pizza

my daughter is turning 9 next week and im not sure if im going to send something to her class

do you usually send your kid with something to school on there birthday for there class mates?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 4:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• soorry i put this in the wrong caTAGORY:(
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• this year (kindergarten) I did not. In preschool I did, though..... I bought these color-a-cookie things. Each kid got a cookie and 2 food grade markers to color it with.

next year I'll likely do cupcakes and juice boxes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, I always send a treat on their birthdays. Mini cupcakes or brownie bites have been a favorite item in the past.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• sorry i niver dune that and i niver seen it be dune in my school . i live in the uk
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• sorry but i have to ask

do yous have to call the school and check it our 1st . as in our school there some kids on special diets and some not allowed things for religious reasons

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• @feralkitten I always check with the teacher 4 days in advance and she usually gets the ok from the principal but thats about it
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Although my daughter has so far only celebrated her birthdays in pre-school, I would assume that I will send treats in for her entire class on her birthday if I am allowed by the school (they have some very picky rules).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My daughter just started K4 last year and I sent cupcakes and goody bags with the teachers approval. And I plan on doing it I guess all of elementary school if I can or as long as she "lets" me ;-)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I did when the kids were younger.....it was fun! Cookies or a cake with soda. They were a hit, have to say, PIZZA IS A GREAT IDEA
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ds is in K and just had his birthday in March. I emailed his teacher a few days before and asked, she replied and said it would be fine to bring cupcakes (which is what ds wanted to bring) and to please bring in napkins. So we ordered Toy Story cupcakes from Sams Club and bought matching napkins. Teacher said not to bring drinks. There are 27 kids in his class, so we sent in 3 dozen to be sure he'd have extras to give out to the nurse, secretary, and principal...he was SO excited he got to walk to the office and give them treats, too.

In preschool last year, his teacher had a no cupcake rule. I think we brought those little ice cream cups but I'm not sure.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 12:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2011