Can I get my hair done while Pregnant? Is it safe??

I am 23 weeks pregnant tomorrow an I want to get a few highlights to lighten up for the summer. Is it safe??

firsttimer338

Asked by firsttimer338 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I colored my hair all the time throughout all of my pregnancies.. I personally think going to have highlights once should be fine. Make sure that it's done in a well ventilated area and you can always get one of those ear to ear masks that cover your mouth if you're concerned.

You could always ask your Dr if you are really unsure about it.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ask you doctor first before doing that just on the safe side
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 4:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i was told die was ok but bleach was not i died my hair black threw both my pregnancies

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 4:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I was told it was okay after the first trimester and as long as you are in a well ventilated area and no bleaching. Highlights seem like no big deal, although because of all the pregnancy hormones sometimes colors don't exactly turn out like you think, so try in a small area first to make sure.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011