Is their any herbal meds for adult ADD?

I am not a huge fan of prescription drugs,, I was wondering if any of you knew of an herbal rememdy for adult ADD? Thanks!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 4:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• You could try valarian root - but get the root extract. It tastes awful but put it in a little OJ to kill the taste. It's very calming. You should also google Kava kava and other soothing herbal remedies to see what best fits your needs. Remember with birth control to pay attention to what herbs you are using so it doesn't mess up your birth control.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I just ordered some from Native Remedies - check out their site
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thanks tinkerboot, but at 44 no birth control here,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I used to give my step son valarian root when he was little for his ADHD. I also use melatonin at night for sleep along with triptophan so that might help you at night. Melatonin rocks as a sleep supplement! Yes maxsmom - I use Native Remedies for my cat (they have pet and people stuff) and I had great success with the stuff I tried.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011