No pity for self inflicted injury!!!

Okay, this is actually my house motto.

If I tell you not to do that and you do it anyway and get hurt, I will doctor you but you get not pity, hugs or otherwise.

(usually only applies about 3 years of age and up)

Has any other mothers used a similar tactic?

I say it to my DH a LOT. LOL

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep, if DD is running through the house, trips on her toy and faceplants on to the carpet I will tell her "No pitty little kitty" and tell her something like "you know you aren't supposed to run in the house and you know your toys are supposed to be put away."

-BUT-

that is after i can see she isn't really hurt.. no blood, no broken bones that kind of thing
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• "Stupid sometimes hurts"
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My husband likes to play on his 4wheeler and his granny always tells him, " I will not wipe your butt if you get hurt and I dont expect your wife to do it either!!"
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Boy that brought up some memories. lol - I can hear myself now - Didn't I tell you not to do that? Maybe you'll listen to me from now on. I think that's when I realized I sounded like MY mother. :~)))))))
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yeah... This saying actually started with my mom.....
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yeah.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Well, that's what you get for screwing around, doing things you know you're not supposed to.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I say, "don't come crying to me when you get hurt," after I've warned them not to do something because they could get hurt.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, I do the same. I often say "did it hurt? That's why I told you not to do that, maybe listen to me next time?"
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I say the same thing as daughter of truth. lol It drives me crazy when my 2 oldest get hurt doing something I've told them a million times not to do and they want me to feel bad for them. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2011