potty training need all the advise you can give me!

I am starting to potty train my 20 month old daughter. I need all the help and tips I can get!! Lay them on me please! Thanks!

Haydensmom326

Asked by Haydensmom326 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she ready? Giving you all the signs. Feeling yucky, taking diaper off, letting you know when she has peed or pooped? If so then she is ready. I would try to have her go every hour or 2
    Anonymous

• Potty party! Go to the store, let her pick out her own undies. And just be patient. It's gonna take time. I wouldn't suggest using pull ups though.............it will take forever to potty train. The crash course is, put her in undies and be prepared to clean up some accidents, she'll get the hang of it though and before you know it, she will be a big girl. Then throw her a party!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think she is ready! sje grabs her dipe when she peeps or poops, then tries to take it off, and says "eww"
    I like the party idea!
    Haydensmom326

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my daughter is way too young to potty train, but my sister had great success with making a poster.... she drew two toilets, one with a pee in it and one with a poop in it... under each toilet there's a column of boxes and after each success you award your kid with a sticker... you could give it a shot...
    AmyJoost

Answer by AmyJoost at 6:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Beware. She may be like my daughter, showing all the signs of being ready and even trying to go in the potty but can not seem to release at will. My pedi said that until girls are 24mths they can not usually release at will because they are able to work those muscles until they are two. Mine has been trying desperately since she was 18 mths but only just being able to use the potty in the last few weeks and she turns 2 this coming monday. good luck
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2008