Depression--sorry long--added information

Have you ever felt like you just don't belong anywhere and no matter what you do it isn't good enough for anyone? Have you ever felt like the world would be a better place without you?(I'm not suicidal or anything) Do you ever feel like the medicines you are taking aren't doing any good?  If so what have you done about it?

I get out every day and take a walk and also read my bible every day; just not sure why I'm feeling like this or what to do anymore.  I have no family and my husband just doesn't understand why I am feeling this way.  And our financial situation doesn't help any either he tells me not to worry about it but can I not when it will impact our entire family if we don't get some relief soon and get our mortgage payment lowered we may not have a place to live.

We have no place to go no one to turn to and I am scared and worried that we are going to end up in the streets.  This on top of everything else I don't need this stress or having to worry about this now.  I just don't know what to do. 

I have been praying every day that the Lord would give us a break somehow and help things start going better for us but it seems as if they are not being heard.  I just don't know what to do anymore am about ready to throw in the towel and call it quits for I just can't handle this stress anymore. 

Seems like everyone else is getting richer and we can't even make ends meet.  We have tried everything and no one is willing to help us.  This on top of all the tests I am having to go through it is really wearing on me to the breaking point. 

I can't afford the doctor bills anymore either so I won't know what the final prognosis is with my heart.  Am in tears and when my boys ask me what is wrong I don't want to tell them what is going on so don't know what to say.  I just wish that something would go right for us once in awhile and we would get some relief from all this stress. No bashing please and if you can't say something nice then just move on.  Thank you.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• Yes, I do often.. *hugs* I couldn't possibly bash you - this disease is terrible..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I do feel like this from time to time. I sit at home and watch my two autistic toddlers play and do their things, What I do to try to lift my spirit is listen to good music or vent on here..lol I've had a hard life so I'm not sure how yours is. But yep Music or talking to someone who will listen. You can add me if you like. I'll be your shoulder to cry on
    alicia37863

Answer by alicia37863 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hope that you are getting a doctor's care. I had a bout of depression after major surgery. It went away in about three months, but it isn't something I want to every experience again.

Feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 5:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes, I have. Over a year ago, I had a breakdown from depression and anxiety. I had to be hospitalized a couple of times. I was suicidal; I wasn't eating. I get ECT (shock treatments) every 8 weeks or so. I'm on the right meds. now and I see my psychologist, as well as my psychiatrist. You are doing the right things by taking walks and reading your Bible, but if you're doubting the effect of your medications and wondering why you're depressed, you should see a counselor, therapist, psychologist, someone professional to talk to. I went through about 4 psychiatrists before I found the right one and got on the right meds. I have a strong support system from my husband, friends, and family. I also believe in the power of prayer. Life is still a battle every day, but I refuse to give up. I know I am worth more and so are you. Surround yourself with positives. This is a good place to start.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 5:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It sounds like you are doing what you need to do to get through this tough time, but the depression you're experiencing is largely related to the difficult situation you are going through. If you consider medication, read up on it carefully before you begin. Many studies, especially those conducted outside the US (where our drug companies have a lot of power), indicate that regular brisk exercise and natural treatments like St John's Wort and SAM-e are MORE EFFECTIVE than any of the prescription antidepressants advertised and prescribed so widely here.

Remember: IF you loose your home, it isn't your fault. Thousands of hard-working people, who did nothing wrong, are in the same boat - victims of a bad housing/banking system. And also remember, you are never alone. You will get through this. GL and may God Bless You.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Im not on meds. and never been to dr. ($). but yea i have anxiety that stops me from getting out like normal people and im really depressed & lost. 27. with hubby & dd.. living at home with my mom. we are stuck here in a way. im not the best wife or the best mom. i cant work because of anxiety & I dont feel like im good enough to work anywhere or know anything to even make a decent check. Im very very lost.
    Anonymous

• Hun you are always in my prayers. Big Hugs
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011