Anybody had a bacterial infection during pregnancy?

Doctor called me back and told me that the coutures (sp) of my pap test came back with a bacterial infection so their putting me on some antibiotics. Anybody had a bacterial infection during pregnancy? I'm worried that it'll have some effect on my pregnancy.. Just need some reassurance. 27 Weeks tomorrow !

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yup! It's pretty common. Your PH balance changes a lot during pregnancy making it hard for your chemistry down there. I am 1/2 way done with a round of antibiotics and a batch of cream. (I got hit with a bacterial infection and a yeast infection at the same time WOOHOO!!)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• they are pretty common when you are pregnant. I've never had one, but my mom had a few here and there and while they suck, it shouldn't do any harm to the baby.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yeah I am being hit with a bacterial and yeast infection atm too! ;/
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yep, infections like that are super common. I have had a bladder infection that I can not get rid of. Instead of seven days of meds, I am on it for a month :/
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I did. The only thing the midwife told me was to go to the hospital as soon as my water broke, no waiting for contractions to be close or anything. They gave me an IV drip of antibiotics and everything turned out ok, my son is healthy!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yep I had the same thing freaked me out, was put on antibiotics during labor and my guy is 2 and just great! No biggie congrats and GL
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 12:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011