Question adult content

I had an IUD put in about a year or so ago. I haven't had a period since. Should I be worried or is this normal for Mernira? (sp?)

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 5:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• my friend has the same and she does not get her period. your obgyn should have told you that you may not get it anymore.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 5:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• it is normal, sometimes i get spotting with mine but thats about as far as my period goes.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It's perfectly normal. Some women still have periods, others have their periods go away completely. I had it for 4 years, and was down to very light, spotty periods that only lasted a couple of days.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I've had mine for a little over 4 months (at 8 weeks postpartum) and haven't had a period since before I was pregnant. They told me that I could bleed for up to six months after having it implanted, then I could eventually lose my period after having it for a year or two, so that's what I was expecting. So, for now, I buy so many pregnancy tests to make sure that I'm not pregnant again, that I should just take stock in them, lol.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011