Are you still living where you were born?

Are you raising your kids in the same city that you grew up in? If so, have things changed a lot since you were little? Do you like being able to say, "mommy went there when she was little" or "that's the house that mommy grew up in"?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 5:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm from here(WI),my husband is from Chicago
    so,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No I am 3000 miles from home. I do live however where my husband grew up and am raising our dd together here in his home town.

Answer by gemgem at 5:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, i actually visited the city and hospital I was born at for the first time this summer because I thought i wanted to raise them there.. BIG MISTAKE. The area was nothing but druggies and nasty housing.. Colorado Springs is not a place for kids of ANY kind.. at least the area i was born in.. yuck!
    The kids are being raised where their step dad grew up. nice quiet country on a quiet road with nice neighbors, no crime and no worries.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Hell no! Mississippi is far from where I grew up. lol And I'm not raising my kids where I was raised.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I live in a city about an hour's drive (or maybe 50 minutes) from the very small city I was born in - about 30 or 40 minutes from the small town I grew up in.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No I grew up in South Sacramento which was GETTING bad when I was growing up and is TERRIBLE now....I moved to a small town about 45 minutes away to be closer to my boyfriend....he later married me so best decision I've ever made lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Nope. I'm from Puerto Rico and I'm now living in Wisconsin where both my kids were born and my husband was also born in Wisconsin but he is Mexican. I'm sure that I will never go back to Puerto Rico to live but I do vacation there and even though my kids are too young now I will show them where I was born, where I went to school, ect. especially since most of my family is still living in Puerto Rico. On my husband's side he has no interest in going to Mexico and neither do I, maybe later on when things getter down there.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Nope! I live clear across the country from where I grew up. And that city is such a hellhole, that I'm glad I'm not raising my daughter there. We'll visit, and it's cool to say "that's where mommy went to school" or "Mommy grew up in this house" (my parents still live there) but the school system has gone even further downhill since I was a kid, and the neighborhood we grew up in isn't as good as it used to be. I'm just glad to be out of there.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Bist, no!  I got my adorable behind out of KY the instant I had the chance!

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 5:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Nope, moved from where I was born when I was 3 weeks old. The house I grew up in, my parents lived there from the time I was 6 until their death in '03. But hubby and I have never lived in the area where we both grew up. Right now, we are over 6 hours away.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011