When should they move?

My ds is 18 months old and he still sleeps in mommy and daddys room. I think he is still much to young to share a room with his big brother that is 7. My dh thinks that it might be time, but some nights he still gets up and needs mommy. When do you think I should let them share a room?

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it took me 3yrs to let my son sleep with his older brother in a room..but with my 2 yr old..she went in with her sister at 1 1/2...there is no magic age..do a test run on fri,sat..since they dont have to get up for school an see how he does an start adjusting to the change..do every wknd if necessary til u feel he is ready or if he feels that he is ready...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 5:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i think that the kids would be ok. if ur youngest still gets up in the nite he will come and get u or call for u. my kids are 4 and 2 and share their room. both still wake up in the night but call for us to come see them
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Put him in his own bed. He'll be fine. Tell him he's a big boy and he's gonna sleep with the big boys. He should be proud enough of that acheivment to not be a problem. Good luck!!!

Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• at 18 months old I don't think they understand being proud..just my opinion...Im the wrong person to ask. My daughter is 2 1/2 and sleeps with us and we do just fine. I get more sleep that way anyway.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• put him in his own bed and let him know that if he needs you he can come get you
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• whenever you feel ready :).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2011