Why is it that after certain food I'm left HUNGRY still?

Eating apples makes me even hungrier than I was before I ate them. Spaghetti is also another food (with meat sauce) that makes me hungry right after I eat it... Carrots as well. Why does it happen? It's frustrating.

CABlonde

Asked by CABlonde at 6:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• try eating a piece of string cheese with the apple...it will submit your appetite and glycemic index...if you're eating carrots, then you probably need something else with it. Try hummus. Spaghetti b/c it's mainly simple carbs...they make you more hungry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That happens to me as well. maybe we need to eat foods with more fat in it...or i eat a serving of fruit after every meal :-)
    IHeArTZoEy

Answer by IHeArTZoEy at 6:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Interesting, Calliesmommie. I did not know that. I am glad I read this question.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ahh, I thought I was the lone weird person who gets hungry after eating an apple! Red delicious moreso than other varieties! It's frustrating! I can eat a big meal, then an apple, and my stomach starts growling immediately. But, if I eat an apple and then eat a meal immediately, I don't eat as much of the meal and I'm fuller longer - explain that one in conjunctino with the other!
    Anonymous

• I have that happen to me also
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 8:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You are probably using simple/white grains. Whole grains (like brown rice and whole wheat pastas) take longer to digest, and leave you feeling full longer.

Another possibility is that you are actually thirsty

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• me too
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011