How can i juggle one toddler and newborn twins. i dont want my daughter to feel left out when the twins come...

IHeArTZoEy

Asked by IHeArTZoEy at 6:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• inlcude in with feedings (if from bottle), tummy time, diaper change and when they are sleeping have some one on one time with her!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ok my advice is a bit strange but
    get some newborn nappys or premmie nappys also get some reall baby outfit for her dolls if you know the sex of your twins the go for tahts ex outfits and 2 babys dalls and play put the nappys on the babys the dress the babys with her let her help pick the baby stuff for the babys . then when the babys come along she not feel left out as she feel like a big sister and love them i did this with my step daughter when ver i change the baby my step daughter would run get her baby and change her baby to lol she also enjoyed getting me my sons outfit she pick it and was pleased to be helping me change him
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You don't mention her age but make her your "big helper" by having her help get wipes, diapers, letting her pick out their clothes, etc. You also can take her to lunch, to the park, or for ice cream and tell her that only big girls get to do that.......babies can not do that. Some of the best advice I ever got was to make it about the older child for a few weeks when the new baby is first home. And make sure you and your SO spend individual time with her to remind her how special she is. I wish you all the best!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• get her involved from the beginning. I had my DD look at ultrasound pictures, feel the baby move in my belly and talk to her, etc. she knew what was coming from pretty much the beginning. (she was 2 at the time). When the baby came I let her help with certain things, and let her play the role of big sister. The more she helps the better we all are because she doesn't feel let out, mommy has a little helper (she's 3 now), and both sisters get attention. We also have a special Tessa and mommy time when sister takes her 6pm nap (her noon nap they both take at the same time, so that's JUST for mommy time hehe). But we read, play, etc just the two of us.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• oh yes, the baby dolls help too, lol. before my second was born I stocked up on play doll things for tessa to play with to get use to how to care for a baby. Sometimes now when I'm feeding marissa, tess will be holding her own baby and feeding it the "bottle" etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Best advice I have gotten related to your question was to remember that that new babies don't know that they are not first in line for attention. Obviously they have to be at times but try to fawn over your older one just as much if not more.
    McErin48

Answer by McErin48 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2011