How do you relax when you cant escape from the house and kids?

I just need a couple tips to de-stress myself so I dont feel cranky all the time.

mom24girlsmt

Asked by mom24girlsmt at 6:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• hot baths, alone time on cafe mom or answering emails, head out to the store
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Put the kids in a safe place and stand outside and take a few breaths for just a few minutes,if you do Yoga do a couple of postures,even if you lock yourself in the loo for a few minutes it sometimes helps. Stay Well. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Put a movie in for them to watch with a snack if they are older and take a 15-20 min shower. All that HOT water usually makes me less cranky. Make a cup of coffee or tea and go to CM and put music on...... Ever hear of Enya? I listen to her when i'm on here...Relaxing...
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 6:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That's what hobbies are for! I do quilting, collaging, plant-tending, sudoku, crochet, the list could go on! Just find something you like to do and DO it :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I lock myself in my room when my husband gets home from work. He deals with the kids and I stay in my room for at least an hour. Sometimes I crank the music up to drown out the sound of the kids (their room is across the hall from mine). I usually read or write since I don't have a TV in my room.
    When they were smaller I would lock myself in the bathroom and turn all the taps on and just sit there for 20 minutes. The sound of the water was relaxing to me.
    I also stay up way later than everyone so I can relax before going to sleep. If I don't get that time I'm very cranky the next day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• A relaxing bath with the door locked
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wait for my daughter to go to bed and take a hot shower and read a book while listening to music so I can zone out
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 7:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I put a movie on with snacks and drinks, and jump in the hot shower, or bath.... it's not long but helps a lot!!!
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 7:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I used to put my infant in a bouncer, swing etc. (just someplace safe) and take a quick shower...even just 10 minutes would do the trick and allow me decompress. Now the children are older (2 and 5), I put on a DVD for them, and take a longer shower!! Yes, locking yourself in the toilet works too. It's tough to get 'me time' when you are home with little ones. Hang in there, deep breaths, and keep reminding yourself they will grow up really fast - even though it doesn't feel like it at the time : ) Look after yourself!!
    IgglePiggle

Answer by IgglePiggle at 7:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• music and tea
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 8:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011