No sex? adult content

i am 37 weeks preg... and even though i have not been in the mood for sex for a while, i am still curious/worried as to why my hubby hasnt been either... it has been practically four to five months since the last time we had sex, and that last time wasnt even close to "normal sex"... it was just like a "quickie" lol.... can this mean he is getting it somewhere else? whenever i try to get close or something he sort of pushes me away like he doesnt want to be intimate at all.... i know he might be intimidated by my big belly and pregnancy altogether, but hes still a man..... have any of you been through this? do you think hes seeing someone else? i think im being overly sensitive about this, but i just cant seem to get it out of my head.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most men fear poking the baby in the head, and believe it or not, not all men think a preggo woman is sexy. It dosnt mean he's cheating on you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• He may be afraid of poking or hurting the baby. Men don't know better sometimes. Just ask him what's up.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Talk to him, don't assume you have enough to worry about....it maybe that he just doesn't want to because of your belly & you being uncomfortable..... talk to him, ask him, communicate - other wise you are going to stress & wonder.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• maybe he just a bit put off by the baby being in you i known a few men that say they just dont like the thought of it or the movment turns them off .
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No sex at all? Or are we just talking intercourse? If he's worried about the baby, offer oral. Just don't let the pregnancy come between the two of your intimacy. Talk to him. See if he's worried about the pregnancy, or turned off by it, or pulled into the self serve pump isle.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 6:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My ex refused to touch me while I was pregnant, I 'disgusted him'. During my two pregnancies, he had sex with 9 women that I was able to document (there were others, but he didn't take pictures of them).

On the other hand, he may just be weirded out. You know, talking is the only way to come to any sort of a resolution- and don't make accusations. Just ask him if there is something that is bothering him, because he has been physically distant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• depends on the guy. Some guys are turned off by pregnancy. Some are scared they will hurt the baby or you or find it hard to find a comfortable and safe position for you him and baby bump. Some guys just get nervous about asking for it because women sometimes loose their sex drive and can be hormonal about it, lol.

Best thing to do is ask him about it. If he's just nervous about hurting you or nervous about your sex drive, it's an easy fix. There are lots of different ways to have sex when pregnant, or get sexual gratification without sex even. If he's one of the guys completely put off by it, well you may just have to wait it out.. (besides you are almost there girl, another few months won't hurt to wait).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• some men are just put off by it u should talk to him because communication is key in relationships
    ness_uh_0630

Answer by ness_uh_0630 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think he wants it but knows your not comfy with it and does not want to make you feel bad. I know it makes no sense but I'm cafe mommy with 2 glass's of wine at this time ( sorry)
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Don't worry about it honestly I'm in the same boat just a few weeks behind ya. Even though you may not be up for it as women it's good to know we are wanted & desired. Share how you feel and remember in pregnancy we are goddesses :)
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011