? For Christians Only

Do you believe that God and Jesus are two seperate beings? Do you believe they are the same person?-if you believe they are the same person where in the bible does it say that? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I consider myself a Christian but I must admit that I'm totally confused by this subject also.
    Anonymous

• Well I believe they are seperate...but OF the same. Clear as mud?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Is this just one of those things that we as humans will never be able to grasp??
    Anonymous

• Wow, thanks for asking this! My daughter and I were having this same discussion 2 days ago!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I am NOT Christian but this is what the bible says about the oneness of God and Christ...
    Always in complete harmony ... Joh 8:28, 29; 14:10
    Oness, like that of a husband and wife ... Joh 10:30 ; Mt 19:4-6
    All Believers must show the same oneness... Joh 17:20-22 ; 1Co 1:10
    Worship Through Christ forever... Joh 4:23-24

These show the seperate states of the two... So, if you are to take the bible as the factual word of God then you would have to believe that they are NOT one and the same...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• yes god and jesus is two separate beings, i don't understand why this gets asked all the time. isn't it clear.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Though Jesus is the son of God, God has always himself dweld within Jesus. Almost like Jesus carried the soul of God within him is how I look at it. This is why Jesus was so pure and without sin. It was only for a brief moment when Jesus was hanging on the cross that god took his eys from Jesus and allowed him to take on all the sins of the world. Thus he died for our sins.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think it's very clear. How come there are so many times in the Bible in which Jesus goes off to pray and speak with His Father in Heaven? Or makes references to "My Father in Heaven"? If they were one in the same, wouldn't He be talking to himself or say "I say"?

I definitely believe that Jesus and God are separate entities. But we are all "connected" in the sense that we all created from the same "energy" which is God. "I am that I am". God is all. Energy can change form but it cannot be separate from itself. All of us and GOD are ONE!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I beleive the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are one. In Genesis the Bible says "Let us make man in OUR own image,according to Our likeness. Gen 1:26, We are also tripart beings body, mind and spirit.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• They're not the same person but they are both fully and completely God. God is a Trinity -- three distinct, divine persons in one Supreme Being. The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). So we understand that God is a Trinity -- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008