How was I wrong ???

My younger brother has gotten his girlfriend pregnant ( The story was that they were breaking up, but decided to "do it" one more time and of course she got pregnant then) ....

My mom said if she could, she would cut her own arm off if it could make him have any other girl pregnant ... ( if that can describe how much the family dislikes her) .

I have tried to make the best of it... I am excited to meet my new niece or nephew - I already love him/her ...

We live in a small town, everyone knows everything... and her best friend is one of the towns gossips -- everything you say to her, everyone else will know within the hour... So she has told everyone about her having a baby, and after that she started talking on facebook about her having a baby ... even on my brother's girlfriends facebook page you see where she has told several people that she is pregnant, she even has a status saying she has a "prego craving"...

SOOOO... I am not exactly sure how I was wrong in making a status message this morning saying : " Tomorrow is the big day, I find out if I am going to be the aunt of a little girl, or a little boy, I am so excited !"

They only people I have on my list are family and close friends ( all who already know she is pregnant) . She then sent me several texts because she was mad that I said anything about her being pregnant on there, and acted like she didnt want anyone to know that she is... and told me to delete it ...

i know it is just the way she is and she does it for attention and to intentionally cause 'drama" but it makes me so mad.... Even though I cant stand her, I have never treated her badly ( I hardly ever see her ) , I have bought the baby several things ( that she got mad at , since she didnt get to pick them out ) , and I am the only person in the family who has shown anykind of excitment for the baby ( even her own mom said that she is a witch who will mess up the baby) ...

Most of all - this "girl" is 26 years old !!!! But acting like a high schooler !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• get off facebook
    Anonymous

• is she telling people who the dad is ?
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Why would I be the one to get off facebook I have never had any "problems" besides this ... I use it to keep in contact with family who live far away and friends that I hardly get to see .... obviously she is the one who would need to get off of it since she doesnt want people to "know her buisness"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Everyone knows that they are together, so it isnt like she is trying to hide who the dad is or anything like that.... I think it is just that she needed something to complain about and I was an easy target...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• my thinking is you may like playing the marter making out no one from your family want the baby so people feel sorry for her so an exited auntie spoils this or she dose not want people knowing who daddy is and well you putting auntie would give it away are you 100% your brothers the dad ?

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ah i see
    feralkitten

• Wow, I was totally going to ask you when she was planning on graduating, or if she was just going to drop out of HS...until you said she was 26!

I would ignore her rants about you removing from your status the messages about the new baby coming.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• She sounds like an immature brat... I would ignore her, continue to buy my neice/nephew clothes (because babies can never have too many clothes and there is no need for the child to suffer because the mama can't act right) and go on about my business....Good luck mama...keep us posted
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Prepare for the "egg shell walk" - cuz that's what it sounds like it's gonna be around this girl. I feel for ya, and you weren't wrong, you didn't do anything wrong - it's her mind that ain't right. The most sad part is that the baby is gonna have her for a role model. Personally, tho, I would have handled it differently - *If it were me* I'd ask her straight out to explain to me why she is so opposed to me showing my pride of becoming an aunt and explain to me how she can possibly find offense in me being supportive of her and her child. (but that's just me, because I believe in owning what we say and how we live) *If it were me* I wouldn't delete it - but there would be a LOT more involved than "delete it or don't delete it" -- You can't let this girl run you around like that. Egg shells you can walk on, but egg on your face you can't live with - and that's what it'll be if you let her push you around.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 6:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ok hate to go here without knowing her but maybe she's unsure who the father is and is afraid another potential candidate will see your status and question her about it?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011