How much is it?

How much is marriage counseling? My husband & I have tried everything else, and we feel we need this. But our problem is finances is really tight.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 6:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Many churches offer marriage counseling for free or for a very small fee.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• a couple of ideas..........you can google marriage counselors + your city and see what comes up. Some have a website or email address listed and you could inquire. I did this in my area for a regular counselor and was able to email a couple and ask their rates. Also, you might want to get the book Relationship Rescue by Phil McGraw. I have heard it is very good. It has a workbook with it too. You could take a look at it in a good bookstore first. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You can also contact social services, some counties have mental health depts and they go off a sliding scale (based on income) if you cannot find a church to your liking.

Answer by gemgem at 6:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Some counselors have what is called a sliding scale. This means they charge less for the appointment for those who are not as well off financially. Often Christian counselors supply this for their customers.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 8:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I just had to google some counselors (not marriage) and a lot of them listed their fees, if they took insurance and if they had a sliding scale. Some of the sites also gave reviews from some of the clients. Otherwise if you are involved with a church, they sometimes have programs to help couples. Glad you both want to seek counseling. So many times only one partner wants to get help. Hope things turn out well for you.
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If you have insurance through your employer, I'd check there first. The company that I work for offers 6 free sessions a year
    2AwesomeKiddos

Answer by 2AwesomeKiddos at 11:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• All that crap is a wast of money time every thing. Why do you fell you need this? You just need to take time away from each other and work it out slowly by talking to each other. I mean come on isnt that what you'll be paying some one to do is talking out the problems. I dont know maybe i'm wrong. What are the big issue any ways?
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Problem is we both think each other is wrong. He always says everything is my fault and sometimes I believe it is and sometimes i think he is crazy and it is his fault to. He has a problem about lieing. He lies about alll kinds of things, n ot that he needs to, he over exaggerates, keeps things from me, and just amkes up stupid stuff. His mother is the same way all she does is lie so thats whats what he was raised around. Shes a pathalogical lier. He dosen't respect me. he only wants to go out to eat or do something when he wants when we don't have enough money, but if I want to its a total hell no. when he wants to have sex and I don't i still do it. But if i want it and he dont, another hell no. He just wants his self to be happy. He wasn't like this before. He just told me he is not happy and sometimes has suicide thoughts, but i don't know why because i have never cheated on him, or anything like that. everyday i tell him
    Mrs.Ferri

Comment by Mrs.Ferri (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• he is sexy and i love him. yea fiances are tight and we cant do much but i dont know why he would have these thoughts. I told him iam his wife and he should talk to me and tell me how he feels and what is wrong but he says its not my business. Im his freakin wife tho. he dont talk to family because of what they have done to him and don't have friends cause they all turn his back on him. But i refuse to be one of the people that give up on him, i will always be there for him.
    Mrs.Ferri

Comment by Mrs.Ferri (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• There are even some places that do it on a sliding scale. Try your local community center- that's where I used to get counseling for less than $20 a session. It was nice.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2011