What is the one thing that you want your children and your grandchildren to remember about you after you are gone?

What special thing about you do you hope your decendants will talk about?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 7:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That I love the outdoors, that I am a hard worker and great cook. That I taught them to appreciate music and the arts and that we went to concerts and the theater together. I'd want them to continue our family traditions as I have and to be compassionate towards others and do what you love because life may end tomorrow.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That I loved them!
    HeidisMom800

Answer by HeidisMom800 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not one particular thing, I just hope they can remember me and love me half as much as I admired my own grandmother. She was a strong, confident, amazing mother and I can only hope my kids and grandkids look back on me the same way. That is what I work towards.

Answer by gemgem at 7:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hope the remember for being loving and kind and giving, which is the memories I cherish from my parents.

Answer by older at 7:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hope they remember I was a hoot! I want them to love life, be responsible but never take the bad life throws at them personally. It's all good.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I wish they remember me as a traveller, adventurer, loving mom, and they are thankfull for showing them the world as it is and not trough TV.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 7:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I want people to remember me as a loving friendly person. I am donating a kidney to a perfect stranger :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I want them to remember me as ambitious. I think that is a trait that can be passed down. In a time where there is so much laziness around us, I think it is important to have someone in your life who you have witnessed work hard and have that work pay off...so that is what I try to be.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I hope my kids and (one day) grandkids will remember the JOY they brought to me. That when they think of me they don't dwell on whatever hard times we may have had. I don't dwell on the bad and I hope I've past that on to them..... I want them to know, without a doubt, that my life is/was full of love and that their love was the most important thing in the world to me.
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 7:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• as me being close

I'm not close to my mum or gran or cousins or brother or dad :( i don't want that for my kids i want them to have the family meals the close cousins i want them to never feel like there alone. and i want to be the kinda granny who  grankids are allways coming around

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2011