Will He Forgive?

Will God/Jesus forgive you EVERYTIME you ask for forgiveness? Even when you do the same thing over and over and over again, and you always ask for forgivness and the strenth to overcome it? Does he still forgive you, and will you still go to heaven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• well..look at the life of King David. God/scripture called him 'a man after God's own heart'. David was certainly no winner, if his actions were any indication. yet, he constantly knew God, talked to God, pleaded with God, thanked God, took shelter in God, etc. he had a relationship with God, communication was always there.
    how different is that from anyone else? why wouldn't i think God would choose NOT to forgive me when i ask? I mean, come on..if we're comparing offenses here...j/k.

that's my take. JMHO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think God knows our hearts and forgives a sincere one.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Peter asked Jesus how many times should he forgive his brother and he thought maybe seven times might be a fair limit. But Jesus said "seventy times seven" which of course does not literally mean 490 times, but rather that the number of times are not to be counted (Mtt 18:21-22).

Jesus says, "Ask, and it shall be given you, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened" (Mtt7:7-8). In the Greek, the verbs ask, seek, and knock, are written in such a way as to indicate, "keep on asking... keep on seeking... keep on knocking". In this lovely statement Jesus does not specify what "it" is that we are to keep on asking for and seeking. But surely we do not imagine that "it" excludes forgiveness of sins, the very thing that Jesus shed his blood to accomplish (Mtt 26:28)?

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• As long as you are sincere in your repentance, then yes, He will forgive you.

But if you are saved, he forgave you of all sin, future and past, in order to accept you into heaven.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yes He will.. His GRACE is sufficient for you! His LOVE is extravagant! He is a Father that LOVES and adores His beloved children!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Some believe so. I do not however. Here is the thing...life is one big lesson and if you continue to make the same mistake you have learned nothing. It seems a bit disturbing for it to be so easy to just forgive whatever you do at the drop of a dime yet damn those who do not believe!
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I had an ex boyfriend who thought this. He thought if he was sorry, asked for forgiveness and professed his faith in Jesus, he would be washed clean every time in the blood of the lamb. The problem is that he forgot the part that said, go and sin no more. He was one of the most mean spirited, ugly minded people I have ever met. But he is evidently forgiven, at least in his eyes. But I have my doubts that God or anyone forgives people like him time after time.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 3:22 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I believe he will. Being a recovering addict, I've had to seek his forgiveness time and again for the same offense. I do believe he forgave me. I am victorious. Forgiving ourselves, however, is another matter entirely.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 3:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Do you remember the story of the devil? The devil was once an angel but then turned away from God because God loved us more than he loved the angels. He didn'e understand how God could love stupid creatures like us making miostakes all of the time more than the angels. The moral of this story: GOD LOVES ALL OF US NO MATTER WHAT WE DO
    SweetlilQtMama

Answer by SweetlilQtMama at 4:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes
    SweetlilQtMama

Answer by SweetlilQtMama at 8:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2011