Why do you believe there is a "god"

just wondering why you believe in a "god"?--what is so special about believing in "god"--i am not talking about the "bible" saying there is one--what if there wasn't a "bible" would you still believe in a "god"--why do you believe in a "god"????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe in god b/c i believe there is a higher power i don't think we developed from apes or monkeys
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• look outside there you will see there is a god! you woke up breathing didnt you? there is a god! you have kids dont you? there is a god....... ok and about me i believe there is a higer power to whom i may call god. no i dont go to church every sunday but i know there is a god to live the life ive lived and still chuggen it...there is a god! wooooooo...this ? will get them going good luck
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i don't think we developed from apes or monkeys

no one says we did.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• well that's for two "there is because there is"

good luck trying to get a coherent answer.
    autodidact

• i dont
    Anonymous

• I believe in a god AND a goddess.

I can prove the Goddess exists...you're sitting on her! Mother Earth!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• some would say though that babies can be created through science not necessarily "god"--or through the big bang theory--do you think believing in a "god" makes life easier??? or is it just something to explain why things are around or happen????
    Anonymous

• cause god has told me he is real. somehow with no bible god would reveal himself to me since i asked. that is how to find out if there is a god "pray" he answers.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My belief in God has nothing to do with the bible. And my view of God is different than what the bible teaches. I don't see God as a seperate entity. I think God is in me and in you and in everything and everyone around us. I think we are all cells in the organism that is God. God is a collection of all that is. I came to my belief because of experiences I've had. Little things, coincidences, feelings, nothing that is very easy to point to and say, "Here, this is why I believe in God." It has just come to make sense to me, and the more I study and practice, the more sense it makes.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I believe in a God and Goddess because I have felt and heard them. I do not do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I have never been "brain dead" and I have no illnesses that would make my brain do "crazy" things. I have asked for signs of their existence and received it. I've read TOO many stories of metephysical activity. And I have witnessed enough "out of this world" activity to truly believe there must be something more. And I also believe that all the beauty in nature MUST be made by (a) God.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2008