If someone borrow money from you do you think you have the right to ask what its for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, I don't think I would borrow it without knowing.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yes. the bank, or any other loan institution would. it helps determine how soon your money will be returned, if at all.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• YES! I know people have asked be not to buy cigarettes or beer or such with borrowed money and I have respected their wishes. I usually say "Can I borrow money for XXXX because XXX happened and I don't have enough". I would never just blindly let somebody borrow money.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• borrow money from me and I WILL ask why. I'm sorry but I am not paying for someone's drug habit knowingly no way no how. you can lie to me but I will ask!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 7:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, it shouldn't matter. You either can and will loan it to them or you wont.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No. Either you trust the person or you don't. If you don't trust them enough to be responsible with the money, then you probably shouldn't be loaning it to them in the first place.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If the person is genuine they will usually state why they need it. I will only loan money to close friends and family. If I dont know their intentions then I wont loan it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If I KNOW FOR A FACT that I will get it back, I don't ask. I figure they have been reliable before and gotten it back in a timely manner, so they will again. I don't like people in my business, so I don't get in theirs
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 7:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Good question! The only people I lend money to are people that I have no reason to question. Most people I've lent money to have just told me to be polite so I've never been put in this situation but I wouldn't ask why.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• One word....YES!
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011