Uncircumcised penis- does it sound normal? adult content

My son is 1 and his foreskin is starting to retract. I don't know what it's suppose to look like and what color the head is suppose to be! I have tried finding pictures on the internet for educational purposes but can't find anything! Can anyone help me with some things? Like what color the head is suppose to be when the foreskin is retracted? The forskin doesn't get stuck behind the head of the penis b/c it isn't completely retracted but there is a tight "ring" around the mid-head but the foreskin always returns to normal. I am one of those paranoid, worry-too-much moms so any help would be appreciated!!

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The head will be normal skin color . . maybe a slight bit more red . . . it can vary. The foreskin will return to "covering" position on its own . . that is normal.

Just be careful when you are looking. It takes quite a while to become fully retracted, and you don't want to force it.

Hugs.

Ask the doc to take a peek next time you are in . . just to ease your worries, but I am sure everything is at is should be.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011