Do you ever worry your disabilty will effect your kids

i have very very badly dyslexia . I'm raising my 2 step kids and have 2 bio sons there been a few times i been doing my steps son home work and my hubby had to say to me "that's wrong babe" I'm very smart and know what I'm talking about but i don't wona do my kids English home work there only 9,7,2 and 6 months the school are well aware of my problem and i know once there older i can help a lot more  aswith there home work . it not like i don't know what to say or do it just the spelling and reading a pincushion but it dose not stop me worrying that I'm effecting them just now i have look for a group of other dyslexic parents but i cant find any just group for parents with dyslexic kids i wont know for a few year yet if my boys have  inherited my dyslexia

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 7:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry your goig through that mama....I have bipolar disorder so yes I worry all the time that I may have passed on a mental illness to my daughter....it sucks and unfortunatly I don't have any advice to offer but if you ever need to talk you can message me. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I suppose a lot of people would call mine "self inflicted" over a disability, but I have battled eating disorders with varying degrees of success since I was 11 years old and I am scared shitless my daughters will see it and think it is normal. I don't ever want them to look at themselves the way I look at myself.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yeah i know there a very big chance both my both are dyslexic i know my step daughter is not she can about out spell me and she 7
    the school say she def my girl and my hard work shows as lol
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• love covers all
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 8:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011