Really bad PMS

How do you know if you have pmdd or just good ol pms? I get extremely irritable the week before my period,I know that I am being a jerk and that I won't feel this way long,but I still just get very,very upset about things that normally don't bug me.mostly towards hubby.I mean really upset where I am thinking of leaving him and then period comes and I'm happy again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• you could talk to your gyn about it, but i think what you're describing is pms since you didn't describe any physical symptoms or any other kind of emotional symptoms other than being irritated by your hubby. i think you have to meet 5 of the criteria to be considered pmdd instead of pms. things like change in appetite, mood disturbance, change in sleep patterns, weight changes, headaches, etc. but you could always talk to your gyn about it and they might have some suggestions for how to deal with it. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't know what the difference is but PMS is no joke. I take birth control just to control it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have PMDD. It is HORRIBLE. I have everything. My sleep patterns change, my appetite changes, I get terrible headaches. I become very depressed and anything will make me cry and at other times my mood is FOUL. Everything pisses me off. Talk to your gyno. It's no fun and you don't have to live with it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011