How would you handle your dh if he were this way?

My dh bought me an Ipad2 and I am so addicted to it I love it my question is he's noticed I have been typing away and now he is questioning me on who the heck or what the heck I am typing...I am like wtf? I feel like he is becoming jealous not too long ago he made me delete myacct with FB he was so upset that I did not want to argue I mean he was sickly disgusted he thinks I am going to wonder off in FB land and find someone else I told him I do not need Facebook to cheated idiot!!! Anyway to avoid a divorce...lol I deleted it he would not let it go. So now this omg what can I do with this man but damn how much can I take from being this way. I already told him I love you so much and if it wasn't for the kids and him being a good provider I'd be gone I do not think it's fair he is this way towards me.
Thank you ladies...venting

I mean I have to be careful how I act or say I am learning though it sucks but hey I love the guy...jerk :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I wonder if HE'S doing something wrong...and not you at all....
    Anonymous

• The way I would handle it would be to make him not my DH for much longer. That's way too controlling for me to tolerate, and I don't understand why anyone would tolerate it. It seems unhealthy to me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• you give him too much power and control and he likes it. he controls you because he can. if my man asks me to delete my fb account, i would be logged on to fb 24 /7 just to show him that i am a grown woman with 2 ovaries . you need to show him that you are his equaL partner, NOT his daughter.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Hmmm....my hubby does some of the same stuff....if I walk away from the computer (which he bought me) I'll come back to him reading the posts on CM...it's kind of funny to me right now but I can see how it might get out of hand...he also asked me to delete my FB....which was fine cause I was never on there to begin with....ummm how to handle it.....I honestly don't know mama....I kind of just let him do it to keep the peace and because I don't have anything to hide (not saying that you do) I guess just continue to reassure him that your not thinking about anyone but him and that you would never jeapordize your relationship by doing something you had no business doing...wish I could offer better advice then that but I guess I'm in the same boat as you are....good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• If he has no reason to question you, then you should have no reason showing him what you are doing on the computer. I type away all the time on the computer and my husband has never asked what was going on. He also knows my passwords and what websites I do check out. He knows he has no reason to log onto any of my things, but it eases his mind to know that if he felt uncomfortable, he can "check up on me". When he asks what you're doing on the computer, do you tell him or do you look at him disgusted? If you're not doing something he should be concerned with, then just tell him whats up!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Im sorry that was supposed to be "then you should have no reason to hide anything from him on the computer"
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think it sounds like a control issue, and I would be suspicious of his own actions like the PP said!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• (LMAO I'd let my attorney handle him.) IMHO Loving a jerk doesn't constitute a good reason to let them control you like that. There's no need for a grown person to act like a jealous teenage girl. DH and I know each other's passwords to all of our accounts (heck, I set up his email and FB for him).... but I would certainly prefer to prove him wrong about his 'hunches' before I would let him dictate what I can and cannot do on a computer. As adults we have the freedom to do as we please and we're usually rewarded by honor for being honorable ourselves. If he has nothing to hide and you have nothing to hide, then I'd be examining the other reasons why he would be so insecure and paranoid about your innocent activity. GL on this one.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You are an adult. He is treating you like a child. He wants to control you and everything you do. He doesn't trust you. Without trust there is no relationship. You stay with him because of the kids and because he is a good provider. It is time for you to move on or accept the fact now that you will never be happy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I think you maybe need to spend a little more time together. Have some one on one time to talk not to have sex. Date night maybe. See if that works. If not then I think maybe hes too controling and he doesn't have any trust. Good luck sister.
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011