Mucus Plug and Sex? adult content

So...this is kind of embarrassing, but I lost all or part of my mucus plug today, and I am only 32-33 weeks. I called the doctor and told them, and they basically said that unless I was having regular contractions, I didn't need to be seen until my next appointment later this week.

I thought that it must be pretty normal, and didn't even think about what impact my failure to control my dirty urges this afternoon might have had. Oops.

Should I not have sex until my appointment? Once you lose your plug is that kind of "off limits"?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it doesn't matter if you lose your mucus plug.....it will grow back. like the ob said....unless you're having contractions don't worry. it's ok
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i would still have sex as long as u are not contracting
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i would wait. when you loose your mucus plug you are more prone to infections that could lead you to contracting.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I have read (though I could be wrong) that your mucus plug continues to grow back/fall out up until you go into labor.
    Sex is still safe up until your water breaks (unless your Dr says other wise for what ever reason).
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You should definitely contact your provider if the mucus becomes extremely bloody or you continue to experience discharge. It could be a sign that labor has started, or it could also possibly be a sign of a complication like placenta previa or of a placental abruption.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Yikes. I did call today and they didn't seem particularly concerned about it. It had a couple drops of blood swirled through it, but nothing I would be too worried about, and then maybe a couple marble sized dollops of goop. Sorry that is so graphic. My appointment is Friday, so I don't have much longer to wait.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011