Who is right?

There are so many Christion Denominations that are all based on the SAME BIBLE that have very different beliefs. What are your beliefs and why? What is your religion or Christan denomination

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are "denominations" because people want to argue about things that are trivial and sometimes made up IMO. I don't label myself as anything but a follower of Christ. I attend a non-denominational church. The best advice I can give you is for you to read the bible and pray for God to show you the truth.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• joseph smith thought the same thing and asked god which church was true. he was told none of them therefore he restored gods church. i have no doubt that this happened and that prophets are lead by heavenly father. my church really holds a special place in my heart. each sunday that i go i cry cause i am always touched by gods spirit in something that someone taught or shared. it's very family oriented and centered by strong moral values that seemed to get overlooked.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• our church probably gets mocked the most cause people find it hard to believe god spoke to a boy and some people say joseph smith was this or that but frankly it's not that important to me how the church came about in the past be it true or not but what it is today and what it has done for me in my life and my entire family. my faith for the lord would not be what it is if not for the church and gods teachings in it that have blessed my life ten times more and ever so grateful for. i think most mormons would agree. that they are truly blessed.
    melody77

• EVERYONE is right. They just have realized it yet. Religion should be about community with each other and about companionship with the Divine, not "I'm better than you are" clique type stuff that we have in high school.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't think any one belief system is any more right than any other. If it works for you, then it's right.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Well in most cases it just depends which family your were born into really doesn't it.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 6:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• God never asked us to believe in a religion. He asked us to believe His Word. As long as you do what the Bible instructs us to do, then you are right. Different denominations believe in different practices and traditions. I don't always agree with religion but if I had to pick one it would be Baptist. That is the church we are attending right now and the one I agree with most. It seems to follow the Bible well.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I believe whomever follows the Bible, The Word of God, Repents of their sins, and truly believes in Jesus are the ones who are correct.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• No one is right the bible is right. If you belive in the bible? The bible says there is only 1 hope, 1 faith, 1 baptism in Eph 4:5,13........So this brings up which religion is it? Does anyone use scriptures anymore? I’m the only one using them I think. If it can be backed up by a scripture its true. So here I go.
    Anonymous

• . Bible is God’s Word and is truth
    Tim. 3:16, 17 ;2 Pet. 1:20, 21; John 17:17
    Bible is more reliable than tradition. Matt. 15:3; Col. 2:8

God’s name is Jehovah

Ps. 83:18; Isa. 26:4; 42:8, AS;Ex. 6:3

Christ is God’s Son and is inferior to Him
    Matt. 3:17; John 8:42; 14:28; 20:17; 1 Cor. 11:3; 15:28
    Anonymous