Why do people give up so easily?

When I said "I DO" I meant it for the long haul. Decades....forever and a day. I keep reading advice on here and women are telling other women to just leave him. Why would you advise someone to just give up on their marriage over something that could be worked out?

And why do a lot of women just go ahead and give up? When you got married or got into such a serious relationship, didn't you realize their would be hardships and major decisions to get through? Not everything is daisies and you will not agree on everything. Learn to work together and work it out before just assuming leaving is the right choice.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Leaving and refusing to work at it anymore, is sometimes the right choice. Sometimes women, and men too, work on relationships long after they are dead. Sometimes strangers can see something a little clearer than someone who is living in a bad relationship. The strangers are not emotionally invested and can give better advice.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 8:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Would you advise that in cases of abuse? There are a lot of relationship questions that center on either physical or emotional abuse or the predecessors to it. Those men rarely change.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well, all the posts i've ever read on here that the majority said leave were about abuse and repeat offenders for cheating. i don't think that either of those can be worked out (and since the cheating was not a first time thing, obviously they have blown multiple opportunities). i don't think i've ever seen the majority of people say 'leave him' over something trivial.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Of course not. I did not mean every situation. I guess in my questions I have to state everything. I DO NOT MEAN A SITUATION THAT IS ENDANGERING A LIFE MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY.
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• because it's easier to run away and easier to support someone who runs than to support the one who stays.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• well if a woman's hubby gives her an std and lies about it, screw the vows
    if he gambles away every penny including the kids college fund, screw the vows
    if he stops bathing and brushing his teeth, screw the vows
    if he picks up a crack pipe, screw the vows
    if i catch him with my sister screw the vows

we said for better or for worst but, if you are walking all over me and the kiddos, you've got to go!!!!! i prefer be alone and happy than hanging on to a relationship where i am the only one respecting the vows.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011