How do I get my two year old boy potty trained?

My First and only boy, He has a Cars potty chair but does not really acknowledge it's there. Help I'm in Mexico and it's not like I can just go out and get all of the newest gadgets quite as easy.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids were potty trained before there were any gadgets. Two is young. What is the rush?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Ok so I'm not over reacting and 2 is still ok to not be potty trained? Thanks
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Just sit it out where he can see it and let him play around with it at first to become used to it. anytime he sits on it just tell him what it is and what it is for. After a while let him go naked and every 15/20 min tell him it's time to practice potty and make it fun. I didn't use rewards b/c they didn't work for me mine just wanted the candy regaurdless he loved the extra praise. If he has an accident don't freak out just have him help clean it up and tell him next time he will make it. Your going to have to clear your calander and watch him like a hawk. It wont happen over night, and if he is like mine any accidents will send him straight back to the diaper in fear, and it's okay 2 is still young you have time.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My two older boys were both 3 when they showed more than a mild interest in training. I've come to believe boys take a little longer than girls but it happens so don't worry!!
    mythreesons278

Answer by mythreesons278 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• every child is different and they all potty train at different ages, he will show interest and then that is when to start.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2011