Who is right / wrong here ?

shruggingmy sister had a roommate, and the roommate borrowed a cd to my sister, my sister put the cd in her room and left for work. while at work my sister got a call that the apt building was on fire so she left work and came home to find the building and every ones belongings destroyed, even her roommates daughter died (very sorry, she was 3). nothing was salvageable. a few weeks later the roommate is asking my sister for the cd....my sister told her it got destroyed in the fire. should my sister replace the cd ? the roommate thinks my sister is wrong ...

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Plus on top of it, the cd would have been destroyed no matter who had possession of it, with everything else lost, I don't know that I would replace it or not. Hmmm
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I dont think the roommate cares about the CD. Her daughter died and she's finding excuses to deal with other things to avoid her pain from losing her daughter. I would replace the CD. It can't be more than $20 and the last thing the roommate needs is an argument over something so petty when she has so much more to handle right now.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• While it's not your sister's fault that the CD was destroyed in the fire, her roommate is grieving her child. In grieving, she's going to cling to anything she can to try to get through. I would hope your sister would be compassionate enough to understand this and just replace the CD. No one can replace her roommate's child, and if the roommate thinks having her CD back would make her feel better, give her that much.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• this one just hurts my brain
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Why is this woman caring about a CD?? I agree with ochsamom,my brain hurts too!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• wtf who cares about the cd a child was killed how about her thinking about her kid...wow
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• if I were her, I wouldn't be worrying about a CD. I don't think its her fault if she had permission to borrow it, but maybe she could replace it just to make her feel better?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• just replace the cd, the roommate has been through enough!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Seriously, you sister can't just replace the cd, according to your post the roommate lost a child. She is grieving and would buying a damn cd be that difficult?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• She should replace the CD. If the roof had leaked and ruined the CD, she would also still be liable for it. It was in her care.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 8:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011