how many of you athletic moms still jogged during pregnancy? Was it safe?

I was running everyday till I found out that Im pregnant. I still want to work out and at least jog, but Ive been told so many different things. I was going to get back into it after I getg over my queasy days and tired days. im 8 weeks and starting to feel better, so I was wandering how many of you moms still jogged during pregnancy? And what were the effects or bonuses to it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Jogging is fine when pregnant as long as you don't over do it. I jogged almost everyday while pregnant until my belling started getting big. They also sell belly bras to give your stomach extra support for things like jogging. Just don't expect to still be able to jog for as long or at the same pace you did before. My doctor told me no sprinting, just it at a nice slow pace, especially as you get further along.
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• you should always ask your doctor to be sure, but alot of my friends that worked out before they got pregnant worked out while pregnant, just be extra careful and don't over do it and you'll be fine.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 6:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• They say to continue on what you're used to. Of course, when you get a little bigger it may be harder to jog lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The thought a lady jogging with a big pregnant belly just makes me ache all over. Ouch! How about something a bit more low impact?
    Anonymous