I need to ask for help.

I am donating my kidney to a stranger in May. I have no family or friends within 900 miles (except DH and kids). I need to find somebody to help me care for the kids after school for approximately two weeks. That is how long it will take before I can drive. I was considering seeking a church and asking if any members would like to help. What faith would be the most willing to help an atheist who is doing such a good altruistic thing? I don't mind if they want to do bible studies with my kids or whatever while they are here. My 7yo believes in god.

Or...do you have any other ideas on how to find somebody willing to help me after my surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think any faith would help you regardless if your an atheist or not....that's kind of our thing {wink} Asking a church for help sounds like a wonderful idea....good luck mama and btw I think it is absolutly wonderful that you are donating your kidney to a complete stranger....that's a very brave thing to do and I wish more people (athiests and christian alike) were more like that
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Have to ask,why didn't you take these needs into consideration before you decided to donate a kidney? Will you change you mind if you don't find anyone?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• You could put an add out in the paper to see if anyone would help you or an ad on craigslist if your city has one. I would help if we lived close to one another, my son would love having some one to play with lol. I think what you're doing is for a good cause and I wish I could think of some better ideas to help you...Good luck :)
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i think what you are doing is great but i guess im kinda selfish in a way i want to keep all my body parts just in case one of my children or family would happen to need it later you never know what the road brings you to but i would have to agree that i would have taken all the considerations in first then said i would do it gl
    halo4

Answer by halo4 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Huh im in oregon or i would help let me see if any of my fb friends are from there
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 8:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• where are you
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 8:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am trying to take things into consideration now. I have not been matched to a recipient yet. They will not do that until the week before surgery. I can cancel at any time, before then, without disappointing a donor. I will not be able to donate if I cannot find somebody to pick my kids up from school and stay with them until DH gets out of work. I feel the need to save a life and I will be sad if I cannot do this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am in Virginia.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I also didn't mean to be anon. I'm ashisamom :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011