What job can I get with Bachelor's Degree in Business With a Concentration in Accounting?

Hello everyon! I am working on this degree right now and am just wondering what kind of jobs I will be able to get with this degree.

Thanks!

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• everyone**
    brookes_mom04

Comment by brookes_mom04 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Look at indeed.com and see what kind of ads are under accounting, then try business. Read the job description and the experience they are looking for. It is simply research to see possibilities. Also stop by the school's career counseling office and talk to a counselor.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Staff accountant
    accounts payable accountant
    accounts receivable accountant
    and so on

Have you met with any recruiters at you university? Have you attended any job hunting seminars? Have you done an internship? Are you attending any networking events?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• My DH is also going for a Business Management and Accounting degree, both majors, and he recently added the accounting major because from what I understand, if you have a BM major and an ACCT minor, that you can't be an accountant. But if you have an ACCT major and a BM minor, then you can easily do both.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 10:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Administrative Assistant
    Customer Service Rep.
    Assistant Manager
    Manager
    Farmwoman13

Answer by Farmwoman13 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have had the title of "accountant" and I do not have an accounting degree.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have a business administration degree with accounting as emphasis and worked in corporate america as an accountant, but now am not even using my degree! ha! I am stay at home mom with part time home based business I own! Hope this helps!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 10:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Well it really depends on the market and the area you are in. Competition is very high where I live so a bachelors degree here is generally like the equivalent of an associate's degree other places. It generally doesn't get you very far.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2011