DH is a slob! What do I do?

DH and I have been together for many many years. I have always cleaned up after his lazy behind and I am tired of doing it. I've asked him to help me and he says he will but never does. I'm really at my wits end. We both work, I cook every night and get the kids ready for bed. He leaves snacks out too UGH i'm just tired of it. What do I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Pile them on his side of the bed :)
    Anonymous

• He doesn't pick up after himself because he knows you will. Stop doing it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Did his mother pick up after him?I just leave most things right where he leaves them then I ask him if he is planning on taking care of them.If he still leaves it I leave it (at least for a few days).If it's clothes I put them on his side of the bed or in his chair.Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Get a "crap basket". Literally a laundry or some other kind of large basket and throw all his crap in there that he leaves lying around. When he asks where his _____ is, tell him it is in the "crap basket".
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I have the same problem. I hate it. Some of these ideas sound good in theory but I don't know if they work. I may give it a try though. who knows? And good luck to you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I've tried all the above suggestions except the crap basket, and I don't think they baskets big enough for his crap! Nothing has worked for me in 37 years of marriage.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 11:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011