Leased Vehicle

I have to turn in my leased vehicle in January and Im not sure what to expect. It has a few nicks and scratches, nothing that stands out too much, I have a kid so the inside may have a cookie or two smashed into the carpet. I am way under my miles. Overall I would say its in really good condition. How does this usually work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• Usually the dealerships won't make a big deal if there are scrathes on the vehicle, but they have to be smaller than a credit card. If you have any cracks in your windshied, you'll have to get that replaced, like the whole windshield. And make sure you vacuum out the car before taking it in. I don't think they care if it's messy, but it's a good idea to make sure it's left semi-clean.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Whether you are turning in a lease vehicle or taking your own in for a trade in..do yourself a favor and spend the money. Have it washed, waxed and detailed. The immaculate ;ook of the vehicle covers a multitude of sins.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2008