How much money do you??

How much money to you have a month after all the bills are paid for , groceries, gas, entertainment, emergencies. How many in your family? Where do you live? I am taking a class and need this info for a research paper. Thanks ladies.

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• -200 or so. No savings :( Something always does not get paid or we eat oodles of noodles for a week. DH works two jobs and we still can't make ends meet. My daughter is "special" and somebody needs to be home all the time for her. Daycares won't take her and she is always getting in trouble at school.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• So basically how much money goes to saving a month? about $1000. I live in North Carolina. It's just my me, my husband and our child.
    Anonymous

• We have 3 in our family, soon to be 4. After pay checks, we can save about 3-500 a month depending on if we stay on budget. We also save our tax refund for emergencies and as a safety net.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• oh, and we live in Northern NY. Dh is in the army... we dont get much of a paycheck. We know so many who live check to check, beause they budget irresponsibly.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Family of 4 here; hubby works F/T and I've been a SAHM for 12 years now. We have about $3,000-$,5000 extra every month (we paid off our mortgage early, don't have any car payments, no debt to speak of, kids college accounts and retirement funded, etc.).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2011

• Anon here again - we live in the 'burbs of Chicago.
    Anonymous