Addictions??

I am addicted to fan fiction. At first when I first thought about it that was as an addiction I thought I was crazy and just making up excuses but it really does feel like as addiction and I know what an addiction feels like because in the past I have been addicted to alcoholic, cigarettes and drugs. So it never accrued to me that I could get add to something like fan fiction but here I am saying that yes I am addicted.

I spent 5-8 hrs just reading stories a day. When ever I try to pull myself away from it I get anxious and want to go back to reading. It is just about what I do all day and I just can't tear myself away from it.
I hate that I spend all day reading but I literally can't help it.
What do you think I should do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Health

• Try and wean yourself off it or only read it for a set time each day and stick to it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I am like this with just about any book. I love reading and once I get my nose in one, I so don't want to leave. Sometimes I am actually sad when the story is over.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'm like this with books too...even books I've read already...I have no idea what the cure is lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i used to read fan fiction a lot to! but they are hardly any updates in the section that i read. try setting a goal. like if i do x amount of house work or whatever else you need to do, you get x amount on reading fanfiction. But the trick is to make the amount off the computer more than the time on it. i usually try to do like 1 hr doing something else = 30mins computer time and set a timer but make it far enough away that you have to get up and maybe leave a note by the timer reminding you about your goals.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2011