I feel bad for her.

My best friend is throwing me a baby shower tomorrow. But I really dont have many friends. So there is just going to be like 6 people there but she tried so hard and I feel really bad for her. Do you think it will still be fun for her? I was thinking of calling her and telling her I was really sick because I am coming down with a cold. I just dont want her to be upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Of course, you can still have a great time with only a few people at a baby shower! I have been to showers of all sizes, and they were all a lot of fun. I had 3 different showers thrown for me during my first pregnancy, and personally my favorite was the one with just my closest friends.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I had 8 people at my shower and I'm SOOOO glad it was small! Baby showers can be really overwhelming with all the attention and gifts, having too many people there would have made it even harder on me.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Dont worry i am going to have shower and i will probably only have 6 people show up including my sister and other close family. I dont have many friends either. I still will have fun with my family.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 6:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I wouldn't feel bad. At least someone is coming...At my baby shower NO ONE showed up. Sad huh? We invited about 12 people, but only the people throwing it were there (my mom and 2 little sisters). Lol nothing would make u feel worse than that...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• mine wont be that big it will basically probably be just family cause i dont have many friends either but its the time they spend with you
    and the small groups will be the best to play the games really
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It would be worse if you didn't go!!! She put all that work into it, I'm sure 6 people will be just as fun! Of course you need to go... lol. Take lots of pics and eat lots of food. Enjoy!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• 6 people is fine. The larger they are the harder it can be to play the games and etc. I would go through with it and enjoy it to the fullest. I would also get her a gift to present to her at the shower for her effort. It can be just a simple card and a nice plant or something. I did that at mine and the host really enjoyed it.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I had 20 people show up to mine and it was awkward and strange, I wish i had just invited 5 or 6 people it would have been more fun and intimate. Dont call and say your sick just go and have fun and enjoy yourself and appreciate your friends efforts.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2008