31 and anxious for more kids...

I want to be a SAHM, my child is almost 2, and hubby's working 2 part-time jobs, trying to get a full-time job so I can stay home.

He's come VERY close to getting a full-time job, so we know he's going to get one within the next few weeks.

So, we're waiting on our 2nd and 3rd, but I'm worried to wait too long because even my OB said that women 35+ are prone to complications during pregnancy...

Sigh...but, I really want to have 2 more...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I just had my 1st and I am 34...
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Maybe you'll get lucky and have twins, lol.

Relax, you have plenty of time. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had my first at 30 second at 38, third at 40. No problems. You have time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I had my very healthy kids at 36 & 38... just b/c your over 35 doesn't mean you have to roll over and play dead, your uterus doesn't shrivel up or anything!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i had my last when i was 38 he was number 5 child
    my mother was 48yrs old and she had 13 kids already and one on the way
    there woman all over the world that are older there is 50/50 chance that your child will be handicap
    but we don't think that way we just have the kids so age is just number it is how we carry are baby that matters
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• i had my first child at 34, 2nd at 35, 3rd and 4th at 38 and my 5th at 40.
    my personal opinion on "complications" after the age of 35 is that it is simply a numbers game. it used to be uncommon for women to have children when they were older, so the "complications" seemed to be greater mainly because of a very small sample size.
    i would guess, that if a new study were to be done that considered the healthy habits of women , age would be far less of a factor. eat well, sleep well, love well and get adjusted regularly by your chiropractor and you will easily be able to wait until jobs are secured before you have more babies!
    don't worry mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• LOL....i didnt even have my first son until i was 34 going on 35. I had my 2nd son when i was 36, my 3rd son when i was 37 turning 38 and my 4th son last April when i was 39 and turning 40 that June. I didnt meet my husband until i was 32 and that is why i waited so long to have children. I was also told that there was a great possibility that i could not get pregnant. My second son was born with Down Syndrome, but he is a blessing just the same.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I would say the worst complication is that in your late 30's your fertility tend to decrease. I was 36 with my first and the only problem I had was elevated blood pressure, but I was also over weight which probably had more to do with it than my age.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2011